Here are some important things that a woman should follow when she found she is pregnant. What a pregnant lady eats and drinks throughout her pregnancy is the main source of baby’s growth and development. So mother should choose healthy food and fluids.
Am explaining my experience, what i did and followed throughout the pregnancy
When i went to the Doctor she took a blood and thyroid test and i had little thyroid many of us might have thyroid when we get pregnant. So i have been told to eat Eltroxin 50 mg
Folic acid is recommended throughout the pregnancy to have a healthy baby, and other doctor suggested tablets are Calcium and Iron for baby bone development
Try to reduce your stress and be happy always because it effects on baby whatever you feels ( if you happy baby is happy if you are sad baby will also feel the same so keep it in mind)
Its recommended to have milk twice in a day with protein powder
Eat 1 boiled daily (Do not eat under cooked or raw eggs)
Preferred to eat 4 to 5 almonds per day, soak full night and eat in the morning
Avoid smoking and drinking
Avoid spicy foods, masala, fast foods and cool drinks e.t.c
Scanning will be taken 3 to 4 times during pregnancy it depends on your doctor. 3rd, 5th and 9th month scanning’s are mandatory
Instructions During Pregnancy
- Do not miss regular antenatal visits / checkup as per your doctors advise.
- Do not take any drugs without doctors advise.
- Bowels should be cleaned daily by regular intake of green leafy vegetable, fruits and fluids.
- Take plenty of water, milk, eggs and fruits.
- Must take adequate rest and sleep, at least 8 hours sleep at night and 2 hours rest after lunch is required.
- Always sleep in left lateral position.
- Keep a watch for fetal movements.
- Breast and nipple should be kept clean by washing with soap and warm water daily.
- Long journey’s especially on bad roads should be avoided.
- Intercourse during last months should be avoided.
- Do not wear tight fitting clothes and high heel shoes.
- Always follow the Doctors advise.
Warning Signs During Pregnancy:
Report to the Doctor immediately in case of any of the following signs :
- Bleeding or Discharge from Vagina
- Swelling of legs
- Continuous Headache
- Blurring of vision
- Loose of fetal movements